Followers

Friday, September 07, 2007

Art Opening - tonight!

Frank Bette Center for the Arts,
1601 Paru Street, Alameda, CA 94501

510-523-6957

Opening: Friday September 7, 7-9 PM

First Friday Opening Gala of "Reading Between the Lines"

If you can't make the opening check out the show any time - September 7-29.


I have four pieces in this show. I have one large drawing and three prints. The large drawing called 'Month' is about 24" x 40". It is a pen and ink drawing with an image of a laundry machine I invented and some text describing a month in the life. I will post an image as soon as I can get one. I can't believe I did not photograph it before I had it framed. It is first in a series of 12 and I am very excited that it got into the show.


One of the prints is a variation of "The Three Graces" print with a block of blue text added that reads "When I call your name..." The second print is called "Once there was a way..." It is a landscape print of a valley road with mountians in the background and a giant fork in the road - figuratively and literally. The third print is from my Lavatory series. It is a 4" x 6" print of a roll of toilet paper.


I hope to see you there!



No comments: