Friday, September 07, 2007

Art Opening - tonight!

Frank Bette Center for the Arts,
1601 Paru Street, Alameda, CA 94501

510-523-6957

Opening: Friday September 7, 7-9 PM

First Friday Opening Gala of "Reading Between the Lines"

If you can't make the opening check out the show any time - September 7-29.


I have four pieces in this show. I have one large drawing and three prints. The large drawing called 'Month' is about 24" x 40". It is a pen and ink drawing with an image of a laundry machine I invented and some text describing a month in the life. I will post an image as soon as I can get one. I can't believe I did not photograph it before I had it framed. It is first in a series of 12 and I am very excited that it got into the show.


One of the prints is a variation of "The Three Graces" print with a block of blue text added that reads "When I call your name..." The second print is called "Once there was a way..." It is a landscape print of a valley road with mountians in the background and a giant fork in the road - figuratively and literally. The third print is from my Lavatory series. It is a 4" x 6" print of a roll of toilet paper.


I hope to see you there!



2 comments:

Lily Baker said...

A show?! You're doing a show?!?! You've come a long way baby! (I know you've done other shows, this is just the first I've known of it).

Lurve your stuff. I finally took a look at your site and it's beautiful. The Three Graces are gorgeous and your cow etchings are among my faves.

Can't wait to hear how the show goes.

Kathe Welch said...

Thanks Lily,

I am lining the shows up as fast as I can...

I will try to let you know ahead of time in the future!