Followers

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

They're back... the toilets are back.

I posted more of my toilet prints on eBay - here .

It has been a busy week. I have been working hard to get a bunch of my students artwork framed for a student show. Today was the only day to turn in the work. I worked a bunch of long hours just to get the stuff prepped and the paper work in order in addition to doing my actual job of teaching art to the kiddies – some of whom are bigger than me. My friend Heather, at Creative Framing in Oakland, worked super hard to get the artwork framed in time, got a lot of materials donated and has been invaluable in getting and keeping me organized during the shenanigans. The show opens at 5:30, this Friday night (the 20th) in Pittsburg, CA at the city hall. It will run for about 10 days.

I had the stuff for the show all ready to go and then last night about 9:00 p.m. I started to experience the most intense pain in the left side of my mouth. A toothache kept me up all night. I called in sick then called a local dentist to beg for an emergency appointment. Thankfully they took me in and fixed me up, but I have to go back on Saturday for a root-canal. That should be fun.

I had to stop by my school on my way to drop off the art work and part of my face was still numb. I stopped by my classroom on my way out to check in with the substitute and see how his day was going. There were three kids in my class that did not belong there, so I hauled them off to the class they were supposed to be in and made them admit to their teacher that they were ditching his class. Usually I am the nice easy-going teacher and I let them get away with some stuff, but I had extreme pain and very little sleep last night and I think I was just annoyed that they would treat the sub that way. They would not have tried that if I was there.

Now, it is 1:30 a.m. and I should have been asleep for the last three hours, but the Novocain has worn off and I can’t sleep. I will be sorry in four and a half hours when I have to get up.



The scattered bodies are a shot of plaster sculptures in progress.The images enter in the art show are all drawings, paintings or mosaics.

No comments: