Followers

Friday, May 23, 2008

12 Days of school left..



12 Days of school left...Then I can do MY art full time!

I love my 300 students! I have so much to teach them, but I have so much of my own work that I want to do. Having a full time job makes it difficult to find the time I want to do my own art. I spend my days teaching children to explore and experiment, but what I want most is to have more time to do that myself.

My Art buddy, Heather and I co-founded Four Oceans Press last year and have been working to build it so that it fulfills our vision of what a press should be. I keep hearing my uncle's voice in the back of my head saying, "...How are you going to make money with that?..." Well I know that we are not there yet, but we are convinced that we are headed in the right direction.

It has been nearly a year since we started our first exchange and since then we have added several more and got to work with and for over 100 artists from around the world. We are building a community of artists who are working for the same things we are trying to achieve - we want to spend our days creating art, helping, teaching and making our own decisions about how we will spend our time.

We are closer everyday. It has been an amazing process and we have learned so much, but we both feel like Four Oceans Press is just starting out and there are so many directions to go.

We only wish there were more hours in the day...

No comments: