Followers

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Briefcase full of Printing Ink


I found my Briefcase full of Printing Ink. I moved over Thanksgiving break into my first home. Over the last six weeks I have been putting my house back together... I thought I would be done sooner, but it is surprising how long it takes to put a home back together. My apartment was just over 600 square feet with a one car garage that I used for my studio space. My house is nearly 1500 square feet plus a full basement which I will convert to a painting studio - see previous post - but that will take time...

Most of the rooms look like normal rooms and the house is fairly livable now...

The house was built in 1906 and has a formal living room and dining room. Since I don't need both, I am using the living room for my Printing and Drawing studio. The 'Formal Dining Room' is my living room - complete with giant couch, mid-size TV and well stocked Bar. The front room of the house is where I will likely spend most of my time. I have a drafting table set up in one corner and my proof press on the other side of the room. I have several prints that are in various stages and I am anxious to get back to printing.

I have been off work for two weeks, but tomorrow is my first day back. I miss my students and I am sure that it will be a very busy day, but when I get home tomorrow night I am hoping to get back to carrving on linoleum.....

No comments: